Thursday, November 29, 2018

PERFECT: You have a perfect Father - Matthew 5:45

Holy scripture of the day about You have a perfect Father who wants to perfect you - learn more


Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:45 NIV


Quote: "God became a man to transform people into His sons and daughters, not simply to produce better people of the old kind but to produce a new kind of humanity."  --C.S. Lewis


*Biblical definition of perfect, perfection (tamam/calal): wholeness, completeness, soundness, integrity, beauty, divine, significance. * https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/perfect-perfection

 

Prayer for the day

I reverence You O LORD and praise You for being a perfect Father who loves me, forgives me, restores me, renews me, and performs the impossible. I surrender my life in Your flawless hands and ask You to mold and shape me into the image of Your beloved Son, Christ Jesus. Holy Spirit, remind me that I am God’s masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared in advance as my way of life. Lead me to someone today who feels like a failure and thinks they are a mistake. Grant me an opportunity to demonstrate God’s unfailing love and empathetic care so they are open to hearing the good news about our Father's desire to make us perfect (whole and complete) in Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment

REST: The Lord gives you rest - Exodus 16:29

Then Moses said to them, “This is what the Lord has said: ‘Tomorrow is a Sabbath rest, a holy Sabbath to the Lord. Bake what you will bake t...