Wednesday, November 7, 2018

SUPREME BLESSEDNESS: Blessed are the poor in spirit - Matthew 5:3

Holy scripture for today about the blessedness of being poor in spirit - What does it mean to be poor in spirit. Read more


Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them. He said: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:1-3 NIV


Quote: “You are truly blessed when you’re at the end of your rope and see your need of God."


Prayer of the day

More of You and less of me, Lord Jesus. Thank You for giving me the hope of being with You in Your Kingdom. I recognize my poverty and declare that apart from You, I can do nothing. Holy Spirit, teach me the supreme blessedness of relying upon the Lord when I feel troubled. Admonish me to not lean upon my own understanding when I face hardships that test my faith. Guide someone across my path today that is at end of their rope because they are self-reliant. Use me to help them experience the blessedness of being poor in spirit and trusting in Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COVENANT: Jesus' blood of the covenant grants you forgiveness - Matthew 26:28 (Holy Week, Thursday)

On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Where do You want us to make preparations for ...