Wednesday, November 14, 2018

SUPREME BLESSEDNESS: Blessed are the merciful - Matthew 5:7

Holy scripture for today about the blessedness of being merciful - Learn more about mercy from a Jewish perspective


Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Matthew 5:7 NIV


Quote: "God's mercy is so great that you may sooner drain the sea of its water, or deprive the sun of its light, or make space too narrow than diminish the great mercy of God."  --Charles Spurgeon


Prayer for today

I cannot thank You enough Lord Jesus, for the undeserved mercy and forgiveness that You have lavished on me. Be merciful to me a sinner that has disappointed You in so many ways, yet, Your steadfast love never runs out and Your mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning to remind me that You are a God of love who does not give me the punishment that I deserve. Holy Spirit let me experience the supreme blessedness of being merciful by forgiving family members and people that have wounded me. Lead me to someone today who thinks their mistakes and iniquities are too great to be forgiven by God. Allow me to share the good news of God’s unfailing mercy and everlasting love in Christ Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BANNER: The LORD is my Banner - Exodus 17:15

Moses built an altar and called it The Lord is my Banner.  He said, “Because hands were lifted up against the throne of the Lord the Lord wi...