Thursday, February 14, 2019

FRUITFUL: Be identified as a Christian by your good fruit - Matthew 12:33

Holy scripture of the day about producing good fruit - Learn more


A tree is identified by its fruit. If a tree is good, its fruit will be good. If a tree is bad, its fruit will be bad. A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. Matthew 12:33,35 


Quote: “It is of no use for any of you to try to be soul-winners if you are not bearing fruit in your own lives. How can you serve the Lord with your lips if you do not serve Him with your lives?” -Charles Spurgeon


Prayer to be a fruitful Christian 

You, Lord Jesus, are the Tree of Life that makes my life fruitful and complete. I want to remain in You, and You in me, so I can produce good fruit that identifies me as a Christian. I realize that apart from You, I can do nothing of lasting significance. Create in me Holy Spirit, a heart that loves to do good. Teach me to back up what I profess as a disciple of Jesus with action and not mere words. Place a family member, friend, co-worker or stranger in my path today that You want me to bless with acts of kindness. In Jesus’ mighty name.  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BANNER: The LORD is my Banner - Exodus 17:15

Moses built an altar and called it The Lord is my Banner.  He said, “Because hands were lifted up against the throne of the Lord the Lord wi...