Thursday, February 21, 2019

GOOD SOIL: Your good soil produces a harvest - Matthew 13:23

Holy scripture of the day about being good soil that produces a harvest - Learn more


The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted! Matthew 13:23 NLT


Quote: “Every good thing in the Christian life grows in the soil of humility. Without humility, every virtue and every grace withers.” — John Piper


Prayer to be good soil that produces a harvest

Lord Jesus, I want my eyes, ears, and heart to be good soil where Your seed grows and sprouts to produce a harvest that is beyond my wildest dreams. Holy Spirit, teach me to be a doer of God's word. Break up the barren ground in my life and don’t allow me to develop a stony heart that is resistant to change. Form in me a contrite and humble heart that hears, receives, and understands the Word of God so I grow in being a productive Christian in the marketplace. Grant me opportunities this day to exemplify the good soil of God’s Word in my life by loving and caring for people that feel insignificant or useless in Jesus’ name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COVENANT: Jesus' blood of the covenant grants you forgiveness - Matthew 26:28 (Holy Week, Thursday)

On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Where do You want us to make preparations for ...