Wednesday, March 6, 2019

DISCIPLE: You are a disciple in God’s Kingdom that blesses people - Matthew 13:53

Holy scripture of the day about being a disciple in God’s Kingdom 


“Have you understood all these things?” Jesus asked. “Yes,” they replied. He said to them, “Therefore every teacher of the law who has become a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.”  Matthew 13:51-52 NIV


Acrostic for DISCIPLE by Lane Corley (use with permission):
D - Disciplined in their relationship with God. 2 Timothy 2: 15
I - Involved in a with a gathering of believers. Hebrews 10: 25
S - Spirit-filled and Spirit-led. Romans 8: 14, Ephesians 5: 18
C - Concern for others rather than self. Philippians 2:3-4
I - Involved in serving by using your gifts/talents. 1 Peter 2:3-4
P – Prayerful in all things. Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Thessalonians 5: 17 
L - Loving and leading others to follow Christ. 2 Timothy 2: 2
E - Enjoying God always. Isaiah 61:10, 1 Thessalonians 5:16 


Prayer to be a disciple

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for being the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that being a disciple of the Kingdom is the most important decision I can ever make in life. I choose this day to take up my cross and follow You. Holy Spirit, teach me to show my family and people around me that I am a disciple of Christ Jesus by the way I love and enrich their lives with new or old treasures of care and encouragement that gives them hope. I pray in the powerful name of Jesus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

HELPER/SAVIOR: God is your helper who saves you from the sword - Exodus 18:4

Now Jethro, the priest of Midian and father-in-law of Moses [means: rescued from drowning waters], heard of everything God had done for Mose...