Saturday, May 3, 2014

26 Bible Verses of Comfort

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV) - The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.


Psalm 9:9 (NIV) - The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.


Psalm 23:4 (NIV) - Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.


Psalm 27:1 (NIV) - The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?


Psalm 46:1 (NIV) - God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.


Psalm 55:22 (NIV) - Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.


Psalm 71:5 (NIV) - For you have been my hope, Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.


Psalm 71:20-21 (NIV) - Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, You will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once more.


Psalm 86:17 (NIV) - Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, LORD, have helped me and comforted me.


Psalm 119:50 (NIV) - My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.


Psalm 119:76 (NIV) - May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.


Proverbs 3:24 (NIV) - When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.


Isaiah 12:1-2 (NIV) - In that day you will say: “I will praise you, Lord. Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me. Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvation.


Isaiah 49:13 (NIV) - Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.


Jeremiah 1:8 (NIV) - "Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.


Matthew 5:4 (NIV) - Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.


Matthew 19:25-27 (NIV) - When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?” Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”


Mark 14:35-3 (NIV) - Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”


John 14:27 (NIV) - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Romans 15:13 (NIV) - May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.


2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (NIV) - Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God, For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.


2 Corinthians 7:5-6 (NIV) For when we came into Macedonia, we had no rest, but we were harassed at every turn—conflicts on the outside, fears within. But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus.

Hebrews 11:6 (NIV) - And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.


1 Peter 5:6-7 (NIV) - Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.


1 John 4:18 (NIV) - There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
 
Revelation 21:4-5 (NIV) ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[a] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMPETE: You are a victor and your enemies will not be able to compete - Exodus 9:11

God said to Moses and Aaron, “Take fistfuls of soot from a furnace and have Moses throw it into the air right before Pharaoh’s eyes; it will...