Monday, August 25, 2008

Today's Bible Promise - "He who does good is of God" 2 John 11

Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God, but he who does evil has not seen God. 2 John 11

Prayer
I will do good to others today. Blessed Father, You are the source of all good in my life. Motivate me to follow in the steps of my Lord Jesus by doing good to my family, friends, co-workers and people that You place in my path. Guide me in all of my relationships at home and work so I can shun what is evil and do the good that blesses others and pleases Your heart. In the name of Jesus my Lord

WE CAN ALL DO GOOD
Our lives, we are told, are but fleeting at best,
Like roses they fade and decay;
Then let us do good while the present is ours,
Be useful as long as we stay.

Do good unto others, do good while we can,
Our moments how quickly they fly;
Remember the proverb, remember it now,
We all can do good if we try.

A look or a smile, that in kindness we give,
May comfort a desolate heart;
May sweeten a life that is lonely and sad,
And hope to the weary impart.

How many around us are strangers to God,
How many poor children we see;
If such we could bring to the foot of the cross,
How grateful and glad we should be.

We all can do good, and we all can bestow
Some gift for the sake of the Lord;
If only a cup of cold water we give,
Our souls will not lose their reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BELIEVE: God saves those who believe - 1 Corinthians 1:21

For God in His wisdom made it impossible for people to know Him by means of their own wisdom. Instead, by means of the so-called “foolish” m...