Thursday, July 18, 2019

PRAY: You will find hope by praying in times of trouble - Matthew 26:36

Holy scripture about finding strength and hope by praying when you feel troubled


Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” Matthew 26:36-38 NIV


Quote: “Despair strikes everyone at one time or another. But even in the midst of sorrow and time of pain, you will find new hope if you turn to God pray.” - Hector Perez


Prayer to be delivered from depression

Loving Savior, I want to thank You for teaching me the importance of praying when I feel depressed or troubled. Although life is hard at times, You are the same yesterday, today and forever. Strengthen my faith Holy Spirit by stirring me to pray like Jesus did when I feel overwhelmed with sorrow. Bring someone across my path today that is experiencing depression as a result of a personal crisis or spiritual warfare. Use me to give them new hope and deliver them from their pit of darkness as we pray and call upon the powerful name of JESUS! Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

HONOR: Honor your parents and you will experience a full life - Exodus 20:12

“Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12 NLT Tru...