Thursday, August 29, 2024

VENGEANCE: The LORD will repay those who wrong you - Romans 12:19

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Romans 12:19 NRSV

Eternal Truth: "For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.” Deuteronomy 20:4

Worship & Prayer
God of heaven's armies, I praise You for reminding me through this promise that You are my shield and defender who takes vengeance upon those who do me wrong. Lord Jesus, I confess that it's impossible for me to love my enemies and to do good to them without Your mercy reigning in my life. Please fill my heart with Your compassion and power to forgive. Holy Spirit, deliver me from having a vengeful mindset. Stir me to leave injustices in God's hands by praying and trusting in His unfailing word. Lead me to someone today who has suffered injustice and is troubled with thoughts of revenge. Fill their mind and heart with the peace of Jesus as we pray in His mighty name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Power: Christ and the Holy Spirit work powerfully through you - Romans 15:19

I can only speak of what Christ has done through me. I have helped the people who are not Jews to obey Him. I have done it by words and by ...