But one son of Ahimelek son of Ahitub, named Abiathar, escaped and fled to join David. He told David that Saul had killed the priests of the Lord. Then David said to Abiathar, “That day, when Doeg the Edomite was there, I knew he would be sure to tell Saul. I am responsible for the death of your whole family. Stay with me; don’t be afraid. The man who wants to kill you is trying to kill me too. You will be safe with me.” 1 Samuel 22:20-23
Prayer:
I love You, O LORD, and I run to You, my protector, sanctuary, and deliverer. As I read David’s reassuring words to Abiathar, “Stay with me; do not be afraid. You will be safe with me.” I hear an even greater assurance in Your invitation, Lord Jesus, for You laid down Your life to save Your sheep. Therefore, I will not surrender to voices of fear or lies unleashed by the devil, who seeks to steal, kill, and destroy. I will remain close to You, trusting You to guard my life and lead me safely through every danger. Guide me, Holy Spirit, to someone today who is tormented by fear and oppressed by anxiety. Use me to point them toward faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ, so they may feel safe and experience inner security as we pray in His almighty name. Hosanna!
I love You, O LORD, and I run to You, my protector, sanctuary, and deliverer. As I read David’s reassuring words to Abiathar, “Stay with me; do not be afraid. You will be safe with me.” I hear an even greater assurance in Your invitation, Lord Jesus, for You laid down Your life to save Your sheep. Therefore, I will not surrender to voices of fear or lies unleashed by the devil, who seeks to steal, kill, and destroy. I will remain close to You, trusting You to guard my life and lead me safely through every danger. Guide me, Holy Spirit, to someone today who is tormented by fear and oppressed by anxiety. Use me to point them toward faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ, so they may feel safe and experience inner security as we pray in His almighty name. Hosanna!
No comments:
Post a Comment