Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today's Bible Promise - "...the humble in spirit will retain honor." Prov. 29:23

Today's Bible Promise - "...the humble in spirit will retain honor." Prov. 29:23

A man’s pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor. Prov. 29:23

Prayer
I will humble myself In the sight of the Lord for He shall lift me up. Lord Jesus, please forgive me for my pride, self-reliance, and taking credit for accomplishments. I recognize my impoverishment and confess that I can do nothing apart from You. I remember who I was before You saved and called me. Not wise, not influential, not strong, and not well-born. But You have chosen the absurd to shame the wise; You have singled out the weak to shame the strong. You chose the lowborn and despised, those who count for nothing, to reduce to nothing those who were something. I humble myself before Your throne of grace and ask to fill me with a spirit of humility that I may know Your hand of blessing upon my life. In Your name I pray

No comments:

Post a Comment

UNITED: You are completely united by the Lord Jesus Christ - 1 Corinthians 1:10

By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ I appeal to all of you, my friends, to agree in what you say, so that there will be no divisions a...