Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Today's Bible Promise - "The wicked one does not touch him" 1 John 5:18

We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. 1 John 5:18

Prayer
I am safe in the arms of Jesus Christ who gave Himself to rescue me from this present evil age and cannot be harmed by the wicked one. Father of mercy, fill my heart this day with a love for righteousness and a hate for sin. Teach me to live in the reality of my new birth and Christ's victory so I can learn to overcome the sin that so easily besets me. Grant me strength to turn away from sin and temptations that ruin to my life and relationship with You and others. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. In the mighty name of Jesus my Lord I pray

Safe in the arms of Jesus,
Safe from corroding care,
Safe from the world’s temptations;
Sin cannot harm me there.
Free from the blight of sorrow,
Free from my doubts and fears;
Only a few more trials,
Only a few more tears!

Jesus, my heart’s dear Refuge,
Jesus has died for me;
Firm on the Rock of Ages
Ever my trust shall be.
Here let me wait with patience,
Wait till the night is o’er;
Wait till I see the morning
Break on the golden shore.

Frances Crosby --- Safe in the arms of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

BELIEVE: God saves those who believe - 1 Corinthians 1:21

For God in His wisdom made it impossible for people to know Him by means of their own wisdom. Instead, by means of the so-called “foolish” m...