Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today's Bible Promise - "I esteem: he who is humble" Isa. 66:2

Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?" declares the LORD. "This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word. Isa. 66:2

Prayer
I will follow in the steps of Jesus who is my supreme example of humility. Righteous Father, Your word is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing until it divides my soul and spirit, joints and marrow, as it judges the thoughts and purposes of my heart. I do not want the high praise of men as a Pharisee, but the satisfaction of living my life to please You by being humble and contrite in spirit like the publican. Remove from my heart all pride and help me not to think more highly of myself, but to think soberly by learning to esteem others better than myself. When others cast me down, I will say, 'exaltation will come from my God' for You O Lord have promised to esteem and exalt the humble person. In the name of Jesus my LORD

Humble Thyself in the Sight of the Lord (music video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU8MAQKSbEI

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLE: You are God's temple - 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

You should know that you yourselves are God’s temple . God’s Spirit lives in you . If you destroy God’s temple, God will destroy you, becau...