Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Calling Sinners - Mark 2:17

Sacred scripture of the day about Jesus came to call sinners

But when the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw Him eating with tax collectors and other sinners, they asked his disciples, “Why does he eat with such scum?” When Jesus heard this, he told them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.” Mark 2:16-17 NLT


Belief: Jesus loves the imperfect and gives significance to the rejects of this world. Learn More about why Jesus loves sinners


Prayer of a grateful sinner

I praise You Lord Jesus for accepting me as one of Your children. I'm humbled by Your heart of love that longs to have a personal relationship with me, an imperfect sinner, who needs Your mercy. Thank You for not losing faith in me. Holy Spirit, stop me from ever turning back to my old lifestyle that brought ruin and chaos to my life. Lead me to someone today who needs to hear. "Jesus is the friend sinners and He loves YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOLY: The Lord your God makes you holy - Exodus 29:44

So I will make the Meeting Tent and the altar holy. I will also make Aaron and his sons holy so that they can serve me as priests.  Exodus 2...