Tuesday, October 6, 2020

RIVER: Come and drink from God's river of delights - Psalm 36:8

RIVER: Come and drink from God's river of delights - Learn more about God's river of delights

They [Your people] feast on the abundance of Your house; You give them drink from Your river of delights. Psalm 37:8 

Quote: "Christ is the very essence of all delights and pleasures in life. As all the rivers are gathered into the ocean, which is the meeting place of all the waters in the world; so Christ is that ONE ocean in which all true delights and pleasures meet." --John Flavel 

 

Prayer to drink from God's river of delights

I am grateful for the river of delights I have in Christ Jesus, my Savior. You, Lord Jesus, are the river of life who satisfies the longings of my soul and refreshes my life with the sweetness of Your Spirit. Away with the empty and polluted rivers of this world that leave me thirsting for more. Bring someone across my path today Holy Spirit who is dehydrated in their soul and is thirsting for something more. Allow them to draw living water from God's river of delights, Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

COVENANT: Jesus' blood of the covenant grants you forgiveness - Matthew 26:28 (Holy Week, Thursday)

On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Where do You want us to make preparations for ...