Tuesday, October 15, 2024

SOMEBODIES: God chooses the nobodies and turns them into somebodies - 1 Corinthians 1:26-28

Take a good look, friends, at who you were when you got called into this life. I don’t see many of “the brightest and the best” among you, not many influential, not many from high-society families. Isn’t it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, chose these “nobodies” to expose the hollow pretensions of the “somebodies”? That makes it quite clear that none of you can get by with blowing your own horn before God. 1 Corinthians 1:26-29 MSG

Infallible Truth: "You did not choose Me [Jesus] but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name [Jesus] He may give to you." John 15:16

Quote: "All of God’s giants are small and do great things for Him because they rely on God's being with them.” - — James Hudson Taylor

Praise & Prayer
Lord God, it's amazing to me to see throughout history how You choose the ignorant, weak, poor, rejected, and nobodies of this world and transform them into somebodies. I feel so honored to be chosen by You and praise You for giving me a life filled with eternal purpose and living hope in Christ Jesus. Thank You, Lord Jesus, for loving me, saving me, and choosing me to be on Your team. I am grateful for Your everlasting love and surrender my life into Your loving hands. Please shape and use me for Your honor and glory. Fill me, Holy Spirit, with power from on high as I go forth today to share with others the great things God and Christ Jesus do with the nobodies of this world. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHRIST: Christ is the reason you are right with God and free from sin - 1 Corinthians 1:30-31

It is God who has made you part of Christ Jesus. And Christ has become for us wisdom from God. He is the reason we are right with God and pu...