Wednesday, August 12, 2026

BETTER: Your obedience is pleasing and better to the LORD - 1 Samuel 15:22

But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to His voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams. 1 Samuel 15:22

Prayer:
I am so grateful, Lord God, for Your great mercy and for the life-giving lessons You speak to me through Your living Word. As I reflect on this powerful truth spoken by Your servant Samuel, I want to listen to Your voice and obey what You say—not merely hear Your Word without acting on it, as King Saul did. I understand that no good work or sacrifice can ever take the place of the obedience You desire from me. Lord Jesus, I praise You for sacrificing Your life on the cross. Your sacrifice is sufficient to save me from the wages of sin and the power of death. I remember Your words to Your disciples: “If you love Me, keep My commandments.” Holy Spirit, give me a heart that loves to obey my Lord Jesus so I grow stronger each day in pleasing God in all that I think, say, and do. I ask this in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BETTER: Your obedience is pleasing and better to the LORD - 1 Samuel 15:22

But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to His voice? Listen! Obedienc...