Thursday, September 3, 2026

REWARDED: “The LORD will reward your goodness.” 1 Samuel 24:19

When David finished saying this, Saul asked, “Is that your voice, David, my son?” And he wept aloud. “You are more righteous than I,” he said. “You have treated me well, but I have treated you badly. You have just now told me about the good you did to me; the Lord delivered me into your hands, but you did not kill me. For if a man finds his enemy, will he let him go away safely? May the LORD therefore reward you with good in return for what you have done to me this day. 1 Samuel 24:16-19

Prayer:
Surely, Your goodness and mercy, LORD God, shall follow me all the days of my life, and I look forward to dwelling in Your house forever. Lord Jesus, as David showed mercy by sparing Saul, please give me Your strength to let go of resentment and anger that weigh down my spirit and rob me of Your perfect peace. 
Thank You for rewarding me with Your goodness and mercy that run after me when I least deserve them. Help me to model Your heart of forgiveness, so that I may choose to be a vessel of Your love and kindness. I ask in Your precious and mighty name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REWARDED: “The LORD will reward your goodness.” 1 Samuel 24:19

When David finished saying this, Saul asked, “Is that your voice, David, my son?” And he wept aloud. “You are more righteous than I,” he sai...