Tuesday, June 25, 2019

WATCH: Keep on watching and waiting - Matthew 24:43

Today's scripture about watching and waiting - Learn more


Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. Matthew 24:42-43 


Definition of "Watch" in the Bible: Forbearance of sleep; Complete attention; Close observation; Keeping guard; Being vigilant 


Prayer to be watchful 

I will be watchful and eagerly anticipate my Lord’s return by living a fruitful and godly life. Lord Jesus, I love You and thank You for teaching me the importance of being alert and prepared for Your coming. Whether You come today, tomorrow or next year, I want to be ready for Your return. Help me Holy Spirit to keep watch of my home, my family, and my life so I don’t allow Satan, the thief, to break in and rob me of my identity and hope in Christ Jesus. Guide me to someone today who the devil has lured to sleep and is unprepared for the coming of Christ. Use my care to help open the eyes of their heart to believe and trust in Jesus who is coming to make all things new. Hallelujah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

RESCUED: Praise the Lord who rescued you - Exodus 18:10

Moses told his father-in-law about everything the Lord had done to Pharaoh and the Egyptians for Israel’s sake and about all the hardships t...