Monday, April 22, 2024

ROCK: The LORD will give you water from the rock - Exodus 17:6

The whole Israelite community set out from the Desert of Sin [means: thorn bush], traveling from place to place as the Lord commanded. They camped at Rephidim [means: supports], but there was no water for the people to drink. Then Moses cried out to the Lord, “What am I to do with these people? They are almost ready to stone me.” The Lord answered Moses, “Go out in front of the people. Take with you some of the elders of Israel and take in your hand the staff with which you struck the Nile, and go. I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb [means: arid/dryness]. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink.” So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel. And he called the place Massah [means: testing] and Meribah [means: quarreling] because the Israelites quarreled and because they tested the Lord saying, “Is the Lord among us or not?” Exodus 17:1,4-7 NIV


Praise & Prayer
Merciful Father, as I journeyed through the thorny bushes of this world's desert, I am grateful for Your unwavering patience and attentive support during hard times. Please forgive me when doubts or frustrations affect my behavior during tests of faith that You permit me to face. Holy Spirit, please stop me from quarreling with the Lord and instead prompt my spirit to go and drink from the Rock, Jesus Christ, when my soul feels arid and dry. Guide me to someone today who is living in Horeb and feels an insatiable thirst in their heart. Use me to lead them to the Rock, who quenches the aridness in our souls and satisfies our every need. I pray for their deliverance in the mighty name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HONOR: Honor your parents and you will experience a full life - Exodus 20:12

“Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you." Exodus 20:12 NLT Tru...