Friday, August 18, 2017

The LORD gives you rest - Exodus 20:11

Holy Scripture for today about The LORD gives you rest - Learn more


“Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the Lord your God. On that day no one in your household may do any work. This includes you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, your livestock, and any foreigners living among you. For in six days the Lord made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy. Exodus 20:8-11 NLT


Belief: Put yourself in the loving arms of Jesus who gives you ultimate rest.


Prayer of the day | Daily prayer for victorious Christian living

I'm grateful Lord God that you created a Sabbath day of rest for me. I accept Lord Jesus, Your invitation to come to You for rest and thank You for carrying my burdens and making them light. Only You can give true rest to my soul and inner peace that passes understanding when I feel fatigued. Holy Spirit, lead me to someone today at work or in the marketplace that is restless and feels overwhelmed with doom and gloom. Use me to help point them to Jesus who can give them true rest and enduring peace. In His holy name, I pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment

HOLY: The Lord your God makes you holy - Exodus 29:44

So I will make the Meeting Tent and the altar holy. I will also make Aaron and his sons holy so that they can serve me as priests.  Exodus 2...