Monday, May 6, 2024

FEAR: The fear of God will keep you from sinning - Exodus 20:20

When the people heard the thunder and the loud blast of the ram’s horn, and when they saw the flashes of lightning and the smoke billowing from the mountain, they stood at a distance, trembling with fear. And they said to Moses, “You speak to us, and we will listen. But don’t let God speak directly to us, or we will die!” “Don’t be afraid,” Moses answered them, “for God has come in this way to test you, and so that your fear of Him will keep you from sinning!” Exodus 20:18-20 NLT

Quote: "The remarkable thing about God is that when you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything else." - Oswald Chambers


Praise & Prayer
Almighty God, I approach Your presence with a heart filled with adoration and love to worship Your holy name. I am grateful that You have spoken to us directly through Christ Jesus, who embodies Your glory and is the exact representation of Your being, sustaining all things by His powerful word. Lord Jesus, I venerate Your unwavering obedience and profound reverence for our Heavenly Father. Please grant me a heart that fears God, hates sin, and cherishes righteousness. I pray in Your mighty and holy name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOLY: The Lord your God makes you holy - Exodus 29:44

So I will make the Meeting Tent and the altar holy. I will also make Aaron and his sons holy so that they can serve me as priests.  Exodus 2...