Tuesday, August 27, 2024

GOODNESS: God brings His goodness to you - Romans 12:3

I’m speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you. Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it’s important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what He does for us, not by what we are and what we do for Him. Romans 12:3 MSG

Eternal Truth: "God saved you by His grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:8-10

Prayer & Praise
"God's goodness in Christ Jesus lasts forever!" Where would I be, O Lord, if it were not for the goodness of Your grace and mercy in my life? As Paul clearly states, it's not what I've done or do for You, but it's what You have done and do for me that gives my life purpose and hope. I praise You for the goodness You have shown to me through Christ Jesus. Please remind me, Holy Spirit, to constantly live in recognition of God's goodness and not misinterpret that my salvation is not based on what I do for God. Help me this day to reflect God's goodness by doing the good things He has planned for me. Abba Father, I praise and thank You for Your goodness in Jesus' mighty name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Power: Christ and the Holy Spirit work powerfully through you - Romans 15:19

I can only speak of what Christ has done through me. I have helped the people who are not Jews to obey Him. I have done it by words and by ...