Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Today's Bible Promsie - "...iron sharpens iron..." Proverbs 27:17

As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

Prayer
God is sharpening my life in areas where I am dull so I can be an effective and productive Christian in my workplace and school. Surround me O Lord with friends who will sharpen me in practical ways so I can be a living stone that furthers Your Kingdom and is purpose driven here on earth. Use me this day to help sharpen other Christians who are dull in their spiritual life and in need of spiritual encouragement. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray.

Iron sharpens iron
As we get closer there might be pain
Iron sharpens iron
We can never remain the same

If only we have patience while we bear the pain
Holding on, we know our hope is not in vain
For hope is not deceptive when we are not deceived
And the love of God appears when we believe

Every stone for building must be cut to size
And we as living stones must come to realize
To be changed into his likeness there's so much we must be shown
And we were never meant to grow alone

Iron sharpens iron--Bob Kauflin and Ed Nalle

No comments:

Post a Comment

UNITED: You are completely united by the Lord Jesus Christ - 1 Corinthians 1:10

By the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ I appeal to all of you, my friends, to agree in what you say, so that there will be no divisions a...