Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today's Bible Promise - "We have an Advocate, Jesus Christ" 1 John 2:1

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 1 John 2:1

Prayer
Jesus my Advocate on High stands on my behalf to defend me from all the accusations and charges that Satan throws at me and credits His righteousness to my account. Thank You Lord Jesus for canceling my debt of sin on the cross of Calvary. I no longer am a slave of sin for You have set me free. Fill me with a passion to love what is right and to hate what is evil that I may be a light of good in my workplace. Thank You for making me one of Your little children, a treasured possession, whom You love with tender affection and unceasing care. I praise You for my salvation! Amen

Jesus, my Advocate above,
My Friend before the throne of love,
If now for me prevails Thy prayer,
If now I find Thee pleading there,
If Thou the secret wish convey,
And sweetly prompt my heart to pray;
Hear, and my weak petitions join,
Almighty Advocate, to Thine.

---Charles Wes­ley---

No comments:

Post a Comment

BELIEVE: God saves those who believe - 1 Corinthians 1:21

For God in His wisdom made it impossible for people to know Him by means of their own wisdom. Instead, by means of the so-called “foolish” m...