Thursday, June 6, 2013

Remember the Lord-Nehemiah 4:14

Why must you remember the Lord? Because we easily forget all that God has done for us in difficult times. In Today's Bible verse Nehemiah reminds the Jews who were facing great opposition and danger to REMEMBER THE LORD YOUR GOD. The word "remember means - to recall by an act of effort or to think again upon the things that God has done for you." It takes work to remember because the works of God because we are forgetful creatures. We are warned in Deuteronomy 6:12 NLT - Be careful not to forget the Lord, who rescued you from slavery in the land of Egypt. Make a conscious effort starting today, to remember the wonders God has performed, His countless miracles, the laws He has given, and His endless love manifested in Jesus, the SON of God.

 

Verse about remembering the LORD

Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the nobles and the rest of the people and said to them, “Don’t be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!” Nehemiah 4:14 NLT 


Prayer of remembrance 

I will remember the LORD who is my helper, what can mere mortals do to me? Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Your name. I kneel before Your presence and remember the death, resurrection, and soon coming of Jesus my Lord. Deliver me from fear O Lord and help me fight the good fight of faith for my spouse, children, family and friends who need to know Your unfailing love and saving power. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOOD: You are sprinkled with the blood of the covenant - Exodus 24:8

Moses then took the blood, sprinkled it on the people and said, “This is the blood of the covenant that the Lord has made with you in accord...