Wednesday, April 17, 2024

BREAD: The Lord rains down bread from heaven to you - Exodus 16:4

The whole Israelite community set out from Elim and came to the Desert of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after they had come out of Egypt. 2 In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron. 3 The Israelites said to them, “If only we had died by the Lord’s hand in Egypt! There we sat around pots of meat and ate all the food we wanted, but you have brought us out into this desert to starve this entire assembly to death.”4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions. On the sixth day they are to prepare what they bring in, and that is to be twice as much as they gather on the other days.” Exodus 16:1-5 NIV

Jehovah-Jireh: "The Lord Will Provide."

Prayer & Praise
Please forgive me, Abba Father, for complaining and setting a bad example for others when things don't go as planned. I come before Your throne of grace to express gratitude for being Jehovah-Jireh, the Lord who provides all that I need. As I read this scripture, I am filled with hope by remembering that You sent Christ Jesus, the Bread of Heaven, to nourish me and make my life complete. Holy Spirit, please teach me to trust in the Lord Jesus during times of scarcity instead of complaining or doubting. I pray in His holy and mighty name. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CARRIED: The Lord will carry you on eagles' wings - Exodus 19:4

Then Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain and said, “This is what you are to say to the descendants of Jacob a...