Monday, May 27, 2024

LOVED: For God so loved you, that He sacrificed His only begotten Son - John 3:16 (Memorial Day Prayer)

  • "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16
  • "It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end." John 13:1
  • "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." John 15:13
  • "Many waters cannot quench love, nor can rivers drown it. If a man tried to buy love with all his wealth, his offer would be utterly scorned." Song of Solomon 8:7
Praise & Worship
Loving Father, on this solemn Memorial Day, I come before You with a heart filled with profound gratitude for the ultimate sacrifice You made by giving Your only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for my transgressions. Lord Jesus, I am eternally grateful for Your willingness to lay down Your life for the weak and wounded whom You call "My friends." I thank You for saving me the horrible wages of sin and death. I'm in awe of Your courage, selflessness, and undaunted love that is stronger than death.

I kneel to praise You for the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives to protect our country and defend our freedoms just as You do for all who love You. I remember my beloved uncle, Roger, who lost his life in Vietnam. His unwavering commitment to duty, honor, and our country embodies the very essence of Your sacrificial love. Lord Jesus, I ask You to please comfort the hearts of family members who have suffered the loss of a fallen hero. Hear the cry of their grieving hearts and fill them with Your peace and hope that brings them incomprehensible solace. I pray in Your mighty and glorious name. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CRUSHED: God will crush Satan under your feet - Romans 16:20

The God of peace will quickly crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Romans 16:20 NET Infallible Truth: &qu...