Thursday, August 6, 2020

FAVOR: God replaces your shame and disgrace with His favor - Psalm 31:17

 

As I call upon You, let my shame and disgrace be replaced by Your favor once again. But let shame and disgrace fall instead upon the wicked, those going to their own doom, drifting down in silence to the dust of death. Psalm 31:17 TPT


Quote: "Shame says that because I am flawed, I am unacceptable to God. Grace [favor] says that though I am flawed, I am cherished by God."

 

Prayer for today

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for taking my shame and disgrace and replacing it with Your amazing grace. This day I say "goodbye to shame" because it is gone and no longer has a place in my life. Help me Holy Spirit to remember that I am cherished by Christ Jesus who forgives my sins and washes away all of my filth so I can be acceptable to God. Guide me to someone today who is living in shame and disgrace. Free them from thoughts of shame and self-condemnation as we call upon the mighty name of Jesus our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RESCUED: Praise the Lord who rescued you - Exodus 18:10

Moses told his father-in-law about everything the Lord had done to Pharaoh and the Egyptians for Israel’s sake and about all the hardships t...