Thursday, July 11, 2024

NEWNESS: You have been raised with Christ to walk in newness of life - Romans 6:4

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Romans 6:1-4 NKJV

Poem: "NEWNESS OF LIFE" by Ed Ostrom**
As I trust Jesus new life in me will now flow
His wondrous loving life changing presence I daily know,
In power He draws me into His loving arms
in the secret of His love, He shelters me from all harms.

What a wondrous change redemption has wrought in me
from sin’s awful penalty I am now set fully free,
Through Christ’s love I can look past my sorrow and pain
in joyous confidence trace the rainbow through the rain.

Newness of Life in Christ Jesus I daily find
spawning in me serene inner tranquility of mind,
Through His redeeming love I have been truly changed
in His loving grace my priorities have now been rearranged.

**Click HERE to read more of this poem.

Eternal Truth: "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, this person is a new creation; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:17


Praise & Prayer
A brand new me is possible through Thee, Lord Jesus. Thank you, Lord, for transforming my broken life and giving me a new beginning with a new purpose that holds eternal significance. No longer is my life defined by my past mistakes or transgressions. I recall the day I made the decision to be baptized, symbolizing my connection with Your death and the end of living a life of sin. It was a public declaration of my lifelong commitment to follow You, Holy Messiah. Holy Spirit, please guide someone across my path today who is all alone longing for a new life and miraculous change. Grant me an opportunity to share the great things the Lord has done for me. Open their ears to hear this wonderful promise and stir their heart to trust in Christ Jesus, who wants to give them newness of life and is able to make them a brand new person. I pray in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PEACE: It is God who gives you peace [Shalom] - Romans 15:33

The God who gives peace be with you all . Amen. Romans 15:33 Infallible Truth: “I AM [JESUS] leaving you with a gift— peace  [ Shalom ]   of...